The Academy Gallery was founded in 1784 for will of Granduca Leopoldo di Lorena who wanted to give to the students of the near Academy of art a place in which studying the artworks of the artists of that period and therefore to better learn and appreciate the techniques studied.

From 1873 it accommodates the David of Michelangelo sculpture - in a dome purposely constructed by architect De Fabris - then transferred from its original position to the Signoria square.

We will enjoy various placed works of the Michelangelo in chronological order since his last ones to the end of the corridor where the David is placed, and we will be able to admire the techniques and the changes of artist's style in the course of his life.

Inside you will be able to see in series works of Lorenzo Monaco, Daddi, Gaddi, Lippi, Perugino, Baldovinetti, Botticelli, Orcagna, Giovanni from Milan.

This Museum is widely known as one of the most important points of reference for the several Reinassance works and therefore visited by numerous students and art enthusiasts from all over the world.

Opening time:

Tuesday to Sunday : 8.15 a.m - 6.50 p.m

Closed all Mondays,1th May,New year's day,Christmas.

The museum of Bargello was built in 1255 by the father of Arnolfo da Cambio, on a plan of a certain Lapo, and until 1545 had been the center of the Florence Podesta, at that time the highest charge of the city. According to the tradition it had necessarily to be a foreign one. In 1502 it became the center of the justice and police council, whose head was called "Bargello".

Converted nowadays in a museum, it lodges sculptures made from 1300 to 1600, and numerous smaller, mostly coming from bequests and donations. Arms, fabrics, furnitures, baked clays with glass, some of which of della Robbia family, seals, small bronzes, majolicas, jewellery, coats of arms, and above all numerous masterpieces by Michelangelo, Tino di Camaino, Ammannati, Giambologna, Donatello and Brunelleschi.

Upon request it is possible to admire a rich Medicean medal showcase with some only copy extant in the world.

Opening times :

Monday - Sunday: 8.15 a.m.- 1.50 p.m.

Closed :

1st, 3rd, and 5th Sundays of the month;

2nd and 4th Mondays of the month.

The Florence Dome took more than six centuries to become what is today: the Florentine people began the jobs of construction to the end of the Twelth Century for a work of Arnolfo di Cambio that planned the architecture design, while the famous Brunelleschi's cupola was completed in 1428, followed then by the last apse and the facade that completed it.

The Dome, or Cathedral of Saint Maria of the Flower, to whom it was entitled in 1942, was born over the ruins of the ancient church of Saint Reparata, and during centuries it has been enriched by sculptures and paintings of several historical periods and important artists such as Donatello, Tino of Camaiano or Michelangelo, and many masterpieces then transferred in the annexed museum of the Work of the Dome.image of the Dome of Florence

The facade was completed in 1886 from the architect Emilio de Fabris, after having partially used the previous and incomplete one made by Arnolfo di Cambio in order to make the dome pavements in 1587. In front of this facade, it can be admired the Baptistery that takes back to an ancient roman structure. Its foundation belong to the ancient Christian age, and possibly of the structural modifications made by the Longobardi in the 600 A.D.

In the 509 A.D. it became the Episcopal centre and the octagonal cupola was completed, later on receiving the funeral coffin of Ranieri bishop, while in 1128 the rank of Cathedral was removed and becomed Baptistery. Since then it has been recognized its elegance of Romanesque style, its precious mosaics and pavements so that in the 1300 the Florentines were induced to donate the actual doors, for work of Andrea Pisano and Lorenzo Ghiberti, proposing the wonderful Paradise Door, decorated in gold and representing famous Biblical ambientation and completed in 1452.

Images of the Dome of FlorenceIn the same public square, next to the Catedral of Saint Maria of the Flower there is the bell tower. Planned and begun by Giotto in 1334, it was continued in 1338 after his death by Andrea Pisano who in turn will be replaced in 1348 by Francesco Talenti who ended the work, bringing some modifications to the its original design, among them the terrace that ornamented its top in 1356.



Opening time: 9 a.m - 7:30 p.m

Sunday : 9 a.m - 1:45 p.m


Michelangelo began the construction works of what in origin had to be the personal sepulchre of the Medici Family in 1520, inside the S. Lorenzo church, in the heart of Florence, and following the style of Brunelleschi for will of the Medici.Around 1534 Michelangelo moved to Rome and therefore the unfinished work was continued by Vasari and in the years enriched for numerous sculptures, until 1836 when was decorated with the actual cupola for work of Pietro Benvenuti, with Biblical and neo testamentary topics.

In the range of few meters some of the greatest works of Michelangelo meets:

the"Sepolcro di Lorenzo, duca of Urbino" with the sublime statues of the "Pensieroso", next to them there is " Aurora " and the "Twilight" and more the "Sepolcro di Giuliano, duca of Nemours", with the statues of the Duca, the "Day" and the "Night".

Instead, on the third sarcophagus, that contains the mortal remains of Lorenzo il Magnifico and his brother Giuliano, there is the wonderful "Madonna with the Child".

All this and even more have then transformed this sacred place in a wonderful example of Reinassance and baroque art, preserving in the Prince Chapels and in the New Sagresty the mortal remains of Ducas Ferdinand II, Cosimo II, Ferdinand I, Cosimo I, Francisco I and Cosimo III.

Opening Time :

Weekdays : 8.15 a.m - 4.50 p.m

Holidays : 8.15 a.m - 4.50 p.m

The ticket office closes everyday at 4.20 p.m

The Palazzo Vecchio was built up around 1300, possibly by Arnolfo di Cambio. It was originally the center of the Priori of the art and known as the city political center and symbol.

Sober and elegant overhung from its merlates tower, was habited from the Florentine Lordship from which took the name of Palace of the Lordship.Palazzo Vecchio in Florence Photo

In 1540, then, Cosimo the Medici moved in and transformed the already fascinating true palace in and an own reggia, enriching it, as Medicis used to do, of many artworks: The 500's Hall, the precious Studiolo di Francesco I, the refined Eleonora Quarter and the Quarter of the Elements.

These are only some of the artists whose paintings you can find there: Ghirlandaio, Francisco Salviati, Bronzino, the same Vasari.

Among the sculptures, we can find instead the Genius of the Victoria di Michelangelo and the bronzeo group of Giuditta and Oloferne di Donatello.

"Awesome! the best website that lets you discover and book hotels and activities anywhere you want."

- Jane Doe, Frankfurt -


Daily Tours

A long tour in Chianti lunch with deliucios local food in winery or restaurant VisitfChianti and S...
Chianti + San Gimignano + lunch
From EUR120.00
8 Hours
Tuscany wine tours in the marvelous Chianti area in 4 hrs. Included: Private car, wine testing, dri...
Chianti 4 hrs
From EUR100.00
4 Hours
Classic tour of one of the most known Italian city of the word: Pisa and the leaning Tower in a half...
Pisa Tour
From EUR80.00
4 Hours
San Gimgnano and Siena Tour Included: Private car, driver assistance, wine tasting on request....
Siena + San Gimignano
From EUR350.00
8 Hours

enjoyflorence di S.A.M - Via Arno, 46 - 41042 Fiorano Modenese - VAT 03821550369 - REA MO - 420935

If you have an emergency within 24 hours of departure or while you are traveling, you can contact us any of the following ways:

+ 39-345-2586553 | This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.